7 – Markat Asana – This Asana works on your lower back and thigh muscles. It also stretches the muscles of your lower body.
How to do Markat Asana
- Begin lying comfortably on the back. Bend your knees into your chest and extend your arms out alongside the body in a “T” formation, with your palms facing up toward the ceiling.
- Inhale here, lengthening your tailbone down toward the ground. As you exhale, drop both of your bent knees over to the right, and send your gaze over to the left.
- Keep your knees and feet close together, and press the backs of your shoulder blades down toward the mat.
- Remain in the twist for 5-10 breaths, then inhale to come back up to center. On your next exhale, drop your knees to the left, and send your gaze to the right.
- Inhale to come back up to center. Wrap your arms around your legs and gently rock from side to side to release the low back, then extend both legs straight down onto the mat.